Stimulates Brain Waves
Scientific research has reported that music with a definitive beat and rhythm is able to stimulate brain waves to synchronize with the beat.
- Faster beats are shown to bring a sharper concentration and improved alertness.
- Slow tempos ease the brain’s wave and lead to a calm state.
- Additional research has shown that music’s ability to shift the brain waves’ activity levels allows the brain to shift speeds on its own, meaning the positive benefits to your brain last well after you have stopped listening to the music.
- These findings make it clear why it is now common to see positive results when playing music to sharpen the focus of children with ADD.
- Music is one of the few activities in life that utilizes the entire brain.
- Music can distract, provide control and cause people’s mind, breathing and heart rate to relax.